Before you arrive
We hope that you are looking forward to your break at Treberfedd Farm.
We have put together some useful information for you ahead of your arrival to help you with planning what you need to bring and where you can shop locally for food.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask – you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01570 470672 (if we don’t answer straight away please leave us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can).
What do you need to bring?
Our cottages are well equipped, so the most important thing is to bring is yourselves, your clothes and personal electrical equipment such as hairdryers, straighteners etc, wellies (we do have some you can borrow if you forget these) and of course your food.
We have made a few notes below to help you:
- Kitchen items – Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, and we also keep essential items such as washing up liquid, bin liners, dishcloths and tea towels in the kitchen for you to use as well. If you require any specific kitchen equipment or utensils for cooking a special meal then either bring your own or contact us as we may have it available in our conference centre kitchen.
- Bring your own food – See information below about local food shops, BUT please remember that you can buy free range eggs, milk usually beef and free range bacon and sausages. If you would like to order an in advance to be left in your cottage for your arrival please add this on to your booking or send us an email.
- Linen – Beds will be made up for the number of people in your party. Please note that we do not provide linen for travel cots – if you have asked us to provide a travel cot please ensure that you bring your own linen with you.
- Towels – Towels will be provided with one bath towel per person and a hand towel in each bathroom.
- Personal electrical equipment – Please note that we do not provide hair dryers (although should you forget yours we can usually lend you one, please contact us to ask).
- Laundry – We have a laundry room on site with a washing machine and a tumble dryer. There are also clothes airers available for your use too. We do not charge for use of the machines but you will need to bring your own laundry powder or liquid.
- Toilet Paper – We leave plenty of toilet paper for you to use while you are staying – but should you run out you are welcome to ask us for some more.
Buying Food Locally
We are very fortunate that we have some fantastic foods produced locally in our area of west Wales, and we hope that you get to enjoy some while you are staying here. To find out more about locally produced foods visit http://tastetrailwales.co.uk/en/
- Fresh Organic Food Delivered to the Cottage
We can arrange for a selection of fresh vegetables, fruit and groceries from our local organic food shop (The Organic Fresh Food Company in Lampeter ) to be left in your cottage ready for your arrival. This form is attached to your arrival instructions, please email us your order and we will always confirm if we have received an order, so please double check if you haven’t heard back from us.
- Supermarket Shopping
If you wish to do a supermarket shop before you arrive then you have a few options, but please note that that are no shops within walking distance to the farm.
- Asda and Tesco are the only supermarkets that provide a home delivery service to the farm, so if you wish to have your groceries delivered then please visit their websites. If you do decide to shop online and have an order delivered please make sure that you book a slot for delivery after you have arrived at the farm, as there may not always be a member of staff around to receive it should you be running late.
- Lampeter has two small supermarkets, Co-op and Sainsburys. If you plan to call in at Sainsburys please use their postcode SA48 7DS to find the store as it is not that easy to locate if you do not know the town.
- Aberystwyth – If you are travelling from the North via Aberyswyth then you should pass a large Morrisons as you travel through, and there is also a Co-op further into the town.
If you have any questions about any of the above please get in touch.
We hope that you have a safe journey and look forward to meeting you soon!