Longview Properties Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and EU General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Longview Properties Limited of Abberley View, Saxon Business Park, Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4AD.
What data we need
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site treberfedd.co.uk (our site), paper copy forms, via telephone or in person in connection with your booking. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem to us.
- This would normally be your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details or payment information, names of other guests staying and any other requirements that you have indicated throughout the booking process. We use this information to manage your booking and all information is stored on a secure electronic booking system which is PCI Compliant.
- We may also ask you for information when you request further information about our services or when you report a problem with our site.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and the fulfilment of your bookings.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys or reviews by email or in person in paper form that we use for research purposes and for collecting guest reviews for our website, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We use google analytics to help us with our website. Google analytics tells us:
- the pages you visit on www.treberfedd.co.uk
- how long you spend on each website page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- to improve our marketing and promotion of our website and business
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen or been given) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Why we need your data
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your booking or enquiry;
- Internal record keeping;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To anonymise data and use it for statistical analysis to allow us to improve our operations, or to effectively market or target the provision of our services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To aid the investigation of any complaints.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, physical, electronic and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard information collected online and in hard copy formats.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Consent will be requested to contact you for marketing purposes. Consent can be given over the phone, on the booking form or during your stay on one of our feedback forms. We will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have opted-in in one of these waysWe will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking the opt-in boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Treberfedd, Dihewyd, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 7NW.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Law. If you provide us with a written request to see what data we hold about you, you have a right for this information to be provided within a 30 day timeframe and any inaccuracies identified through this process to be rectified immediately on request.
Last updated May 2018