Heritage and Culture
West Wales has a rich and distinctive history and culture which owes much to the Welsh language and its Celtic origins.
The Welsh language is very much alive in Ceredigion and you won’t have to go far to hear it being spoken.
If you’re interested in learning more about some of our local Welsh history and cultural heritage there are plenty of interesting museums, monuments and attractions to visit.
Our favourite Welsh Heritage and culture spots
Some of our favourite places to explore heritage and culture in Wales are:
- Learn more about Wales’ rich literary history at the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth.
- Find out about the history of one of Wales’ most important and widespread industries at the National Wool Museum at Drefach Felindre.
- Visit the National Trust Estate at Llanerchaeron.
- See the medieval remains of Strata Florida Abbey.
- Enjoy a film or show at Theatr Mwldan in Cardigan or the Arts Centreat Aberystwyth University.